RE: GSE IDs [Re: IETF multihoming powder: just add IPv6 and stir]

|    The focus on the site misses an important point. Computers
|    are often
|    multi-homed to several sites, e.g. WiFi and GPRS. If you
|    do something as
|    radical as changing the behavior of TCP, then you want a
|    solution that
|    handles host multi-homing as well as site multi-homing.
|    But then you
|    cannot expect that all the "locators" that carry packets
|    to a single
|    TCP++ solution belong to the same aggregate.
|
|    In the site multi-homing case, you must also be concerned
|    with privacy
|    issues. You should not force multi-homed computers to
|    attach the same
|    "global identifier" tag in all of their IP addresses, and
|    you may expect
|    privacy advocates to forcefully remind you if you ignore
|    that point.

I don't believe that that's a serious issue, but if those same
folks want the full advantages of being a multi-homed host, then
something has to give.  The correspondent host can only work with
information that is disclosed.  Without that, the host would
appear to be multiple independent hosts.

Tony