Re: GSE IDs [Re: IETF multihoming powder: just add IPv6 and stir]

If the prefix is mutable en route, it doesn't matter that it's
globally unique: the end points can't use it as part of any checksum,
so either you have to add HIP, or the 64 bit suffix has to be
unique enough for checksum purposes. (You might be prepared to
accept an RFC 3041 suffix as unique enough, if you think that
network level privacy is more important than the chance of a checksum
coincidence.)

   Brian