Re: comments on requirements-05

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 02:30 Canada/Eastern, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

On woensdag, mei 7, 2003, at 01:36 Europe/Amsterdam, Joe Abley wrote:

   [7]  Huston, G., "Analyzing the Internet's BGP Routing Table",
        January 2001.

==> especially for a *normative reference*, the reference should IMO be much
more explicit (e.g. refer to a publication and give a URL or the like).

I will find an URL.
Seems all of this is suffering from "broken-URL-itis". You can probably find something resembling the original in Cisco's Internet Protocol Journal, but it has since become an RFC unless I'm very much mistaken: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3221.txt
Thanks.

==> "backhoe-fade" ?  No idea what that means, and couldn't find it
in a dictionary either.

http://www.net.oregonstate.edu/netvideo/dugout.html
So are you going to include the URL in the text or what???

Remember that RFCs are published by an international standards organization. As such, the text should be clear also for people who have English as their second or third language and are unfamiliar with American colloquialisms.
Yep, good point. I think I am blaming Vijay or Ben for that phrase anyway :-) I will find something more straightforward.

Joe