Re: GSE IDs [Re: IETF multihoming powder: just add IPv6 and stir]

Brian,

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 02:08  AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Or you simply rewrite the first 48 bits when the packet traverses the
border into the destination site with the same value the packet had
prior to traversing the border of the source site.
This was not part of any GSE proposal I ever saw,
Different terminology would be helpful. Of course, this implies my messages on this topic have been whistling past people for the last two months.

and it involves stateful
distribution of mapping information.
Yes. In one approach, a mapping of a globally unique 48 bit value to a set of other globally unique 48 bit values where that distributed lookup of that mapping occurs at the source border only.

A very different beast from GSE,
and it sets off my stateful=bad alarm.
Your alarm must go off continually today, as the mapping is more or less equivalent to either the DNS or routing tables, depending on your point of view.

Rgds,
-drc