Re: IETF multihoming powder: just add IPv6 and stir

On woensdag, mei 14, 2003, at 01:35 Europe/Amsterdam, Tony Li wrote:

A filter that is looking at a locator is probably a bug.
The need to filter is an operational reality.

So how do we filter on an identifier? Put them into the routing tables and then uRPF? And if the identifiers are in the routing tables, who needs a locator?

To me, identifiers belong at layer 4 and up. Locators belong at layer 3. So any filtering on layer 3 must be on locators.