Re: Mutli6 meeting in Vienna

By the way, some NEMO folks are working on a multihoming taxonomy draft
that you would find interest in, since site-multihoming is one feature
that would be particularly useful for NEMO.

Actually, this is the reason why Friday I posted an email to this list,
enquiring about your current definition of site-multihoming, but no
reply. The answer to the question is not clear while reading the charter
AND the draft: it's not consitent.

I need this question because I would like to know if, say, a mobile
network deployed in a vehicle can be considered a "site".

I think the charter is pretty clear "A multihomed site is a site that has more than one connection to the
public internet with those connections through either the same or
different ISPs."

The draft says "A "multihomed" site is one with more than one transit provider. "Site-multihoming" is the practice of arranging a site to be multihomed.".

I don't see a conflict between these two and I would say that the answer to your question is yes?

- kurtis -