Re: Mutli6 meeting in Vienna

Kurt;

> >> As I said yesterday, we will not have time at this meeting for all the
> >> proposals to present.
> >
> > Are you saying that you have tried to request 3 slots and denied by
> > IESG?
> >
> > Or, are you just saying you are not so sure?
>
> I am saying that I do not think it would be useful for us to request
> three slots. I don't think that will move us forward.

You mean you shall not have time.

I don't think it a good management of WG.

> > That's why I'm asking for presentation of the overview on end to
> > end multihoming.
>
> I think we are looking at one single presentation listing the solution
> classes. Pekka have volunteered to make such a presentation and we will
> most likely take him up on this offer.

Having presentation by Pekka, you will get view of Pekka, but nothing
more than that, which is not so productive.

> > What do you want to discuss on solution classes? Isn't it already
> > obvious that the only solution class is host-based one with loc/id
> > separation?
>
> I said I wanted an overview. If that means discussion or not remains to
> be seen. I would personally be happier if not.
>
> I don't think that there is a clear view on host based solutions vs
> loc/id and I am definitely not sure that host-based with loc/id is
> obvious. But that is why we are having this discussion.

That is not a productive way of discussion.

Discussion on solution classes, if any, should be more abstact
and should not be based on specific proposals.

Overview on specific proposals is a different topic.

							Masataka Ohta