Re: Mutli6 meeting in Vienna

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the answer. More below.

> I think the charter is pretty clear "A multihomed site is a site that
> has more than one connection to the
> public internet with those connections through either the same or
> different ISPs."
>
> The draft says "A "multihomed" site is one with more than one transit
> provider. "Site-multihoming" is the practice of arranging a site to be
> multihomed.".
>
> I don't see a conflict between these two

OK, my concern was about the Charter saying "either the same or
different ISPs" while the draft says "more than one ISP".

This sounds conflicting to me and I don't know how many prefixes my
site-multihomed network is supposed to have.

> > I need this question because I would like to know if, say, a mobile
> > network deployed in a vehicle can be considered a "site".
> >
> and I would say that the answer to your question is yes?

Well, that first depends on the first question (same ISPs or not) and
then I would like to know where my prefix(es) come from.

Is there any restriction on the length of the prefix for a network to be
considered site-multihomed ?

Thanks,
Thierry