Re: Mutli6 meeting in Vienna

Are you saying that you have tried to request 3 slots and denied by
IESG?

Or, are you just saying you are not so sure?
I am saying that I do not think it would be useful for us to request
three slots. I don't think that will move us forward.
You mean you shall not have time.

I don't think it a good management of WG.

I am worried that we would spend large amount of time in our first meeting for a long time going through proposals, without a clear picture of where this would lead us. From what I can see there are very few proposals that have any broader support.

HOWEVER, Randy and Sean have an idea of a different way we can do the meeting and perhaps achieve what you want as well as try and get something useful out of it.

I will try and write this up during the day.

That's why I'm asking for presentation of the overview on end to
end multihoming.
I think we are looking at one single presentation listing the solution
classes. Pekka have volunteered to make such a presentation and we will
most likely take him up on this offer.
Having presentation by Pekka, you will get view of Pekka, but nothing
more than that, which is not so productive.
Well, I was not going to ask him to present his views of the proposals. Rather a summary of the classes of solutions we see. Without any comments on the solutions as such. That is also what I understood that he was willing to do.

What do you want to discuss on solution classes? Isn't it already
obvious that the only solution class is host-based one with loc/id
separation?
I said I wanted an overview. If that means discussion or not remains to
be seen. I would personally be happier if not.

I don't think that there is a clear view on host based solutions vs
loc/id and I am definitely not sure that host-based with loc/id is
obvious. But that is why we are having this discussion.
That is not a productive way of discussion.

Discussion on solution classes, if any, should be more abstact
and should not be based on specific proposals.

Overview on specific proposals is a different topic.

That is why I wanted this split in to parts. One to give the overview (abstracts if you want) of the classes of solutions, one part on the proposals that appears to have the widest support.

But I will try and write up the alternative idea during the day.

- kurtis -