Re: Mutli6 meeting in Vienna

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

> >> I am saying that I do not think it would be useful for us to request
> >> three slots. I don't think that will move us forward.
> >
> > You mean you shall not have time.
> >
> > I don't think it a good management of WG.
>
> I am worried that we would spend large amount of time in our first
> meeting for a long time going through proposals, without a clear
> picture of where this would lead us. From what I can see there are very
> few proposals that have any broader support.

I totally support this approach -- everyone presenting their own proposals
(mine included :-) -- does NOT seem like the good management at this time,
regardless of the time it would or would not take.

> > Having presentation by Pekka, you will get view of Pekka, but nothing
> > more than that, which is not so productive.
>
> Well, I was not going to ask him to present his views of the proposals.
> Rather a summary of the classes of solutions we see. Without any
> comments on the solutions as such. That is also what I understood that
> he was willing to do.

Agree.  Even though I have my own preferences to the proposals, I don't
think this would be the right place to push them.

(And if there is something, I'd circulate it among the folks whose
proposals are affected to be able to comment if they feel something is
being misrepresented.)