Re: tunneling [Was: Agenda for Vienna]

So if you were drawing out a multihoming roadmap, where would loc/id
be on that roadmap?

I ask because we should consider what we can do short-term and long-term.
Is the loc/id approach long-term? Christian's multi-address "challenge"
is much more short-term, and I think is something we should push forward
on now.
I used to be a strong proponent of the road-map and gradual migration approach. That is also why I wrote the road-map draft. However, I am no longer sure that is a good approach. As was pointed out here, that risks distracting us. Also, the goal of multi6 is to come up with the solution. Not the protocol details, and probably not the migration scenarios. If we start looking at this now there is a risk that we will dug into all kind of side issues. This might be a role for multi6 in the future, but I would say not now.

- kurtis -