Re: Fwd: [Ans-research] IRTF ANS Meeting Announcement

On Sat, 31 May 2003, S Woodside wrote:
> I'm curious if a large adhoc network would have special multihoming
> requirements that multi6 might consider? Put together, scalable adhoc
> networks with the ability to multihome in a decentralized manner would
> be a very desirable technology for building flexible wireless networks
> for last-mile (urban) / last 15 miles (rural) access.

Perhaps it would be best to first try to figure out how single-homed
internet connectivity would work :-).

But really, it's still a question on how you delegate the information
about prefixes and choose your subnets.

For the multihomed case with multiple PA prefixes, I guess this would mean
that every MANET node would have a fixed, unique-in-the-MANET site
identifier (or multiple of them).  This could be used for delegating
addresses and ensuring multiple nodes don't get weird ideas which parts of
/48's they could use.