Multihoming experiment

A few observations on Christian and David's multihoming experiment:

This means source address dependent routing, but I don't think this term is used anywhere. The consequence of this is that sites that implement this CANNOT use any form of dynamic routing. Also, I'm afraid there will be traffic engineering problems because of RFC 3484 for hosts that implement this. For instance, if at some point the RIRs use up 2001::/16 and they start giving out address space from 2003::/16, a host with a 2001:: and a 2003:: address will use the router that announces the 2001:: prefix for all traffic to 2001::/16 which would be nearly all of the IPv6 internet.

And note well, from RFC 3484:

Well-behaved applications SHOULD iterate through the list of
addresses returned from getaddrinfo() until they find a working
address.

Applications that don't implement this will have to wait for a prefix to become deprecated to switch to the other one, so the multihoming benefits for those applications would be even smaller.