Re: Minutes / Notes

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>-owner@ops.ietf.org and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

] But my personal opinion on the matter is that "substantial
] change" is a red herring. The real question is how hard it is to
] implement a solution. The substantialness or fundamentalness of the
] change has little bearing on the implementation difficulty.

if by "how hard it is to implement a solution" you include the effort required
to identify and upgrade all existing software that depends on existing
behavior, and if you also consider the additional effort required to implement
and deploy any future software that needs long-lived sessions, I might agree
with you.

but we must not fall into the trap of saying "here, I rewrote the kernel code
to do this, and it was easy, threfore the solution is easy to implement".