RE: Fwd: Minutes / Notes

> > iii) Use multiple addresses, one of which is a "virtual address"
that is
> > guaranteed to be reachable all the time, albeit slowly. Use the
virtual
> > address to start connections. Use MIPv6 mechanisms to divert to an
> > actual address.
>
> What do you do when the network hosting your HA drops dead?

That's why I was mentioning a virtual address rather than an HA. Are you
familiar with the distributed hash table algorithms? Basically, a DHT is
a reliable overlay on top of an arbitrary network. In a classic DHT
design, nodes have identifiers randomly spread in a large number space.
They maintain "routing tables" that allow them to forward a request for
a given number to the host most likely to know about it, etc. The common
trade-off is to have routing tables that scale as the logarithm of the
size of the network (O(log N)), while the number of relays required to
reach a specific destination also scales as O(log N). The routing table
would contain the current addresses/locators associated with the
identifier.

-- Christian Huitema