RE: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

> I'd just like to get a sense from the group about where
> we are so far.  Do we have consensus about splitting
> the address into locators and identifiers?  Note that
> I'm NOT asking about specifics, like "how big", "what
> mappings exist", "is it secure", etc. Do we agree that
> we want to go down this path?

No, I don't believe we have this consensus. Specifically, we don't have a consensus that a new category of identifiers should be created, and that this new category should be used by all applications and processed by all nodes. We also definitely don't have a consensus that any such identifiers should be visible "in the network", by opposition to say, session identifiers that are only visible end-to-end.

-- Christian Huitema