Re: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

Yes, I think we should go down the path of explicitly splitting locators and identifiers.
Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

t 10:22 AM 8/6/2003 -0700, Tony Li wrote:

Folks,

I don't mean to disrupt other constructive conversations,
so please carry on with those.

I'd just like to get a sense from the group about where
we are so far.  Do we have consensus about splitting
the address into locators and identifiers?  Note that
I'm NOT asking about specifics, like "how big", "what
mappings exist", "is it secure", etc. Do we agree that
we want to go down this path?

Silence is not assent...

Thanks,
Tony