Re: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

On donderdag, aug 7, 2003, at 00:22 Europe/Amsterdam, J. Noel Chiappa wrote:

Rather, a more productive question would be "do we want to support any capabilities that require separation of location and identification, such as keeping TCP connections open when switching from provider A to provider B".
For mobility the answer is "yes". If it isn't acceptable for a single host to break TCP sessions when it moves around, I would expect the same for an entire site that stays in the same place.