RE: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

    > From: "Christian Huitema" <huitema@windows.microsoft.com>

    >> Do we have consensus about splitting the address into locators and
    >> identifiers? Note that I'm NOT asking about specifics, like "how big",
    >> "what mappings exist", "is it secure", etc.

    > Specifically, we don't have a consensus that a new category of
    > identifiers should be created, and that this new category should be
    > used by all applications and processed by all nodes.

True, but that's not the question Tony is asking.

If you have a problem with Tony's question, what's your answer to my
reformulated question "do we want to do things that inherently separate
location and identity, like keep TCP connections open when switching
providers"?

    > We also definitely don't have a consensus that any such identifiers
    > should be visible "in the network", by opposition to say, session
    > identifiers that are only visible end-to-end.

Another good question, and one I also believe Tony was putting off for now.

	Noel