RE: MIPv6 hopeless

agree

> > 2- A mechanism to enable the end of the communication to identify
> > packets with alternative addresses as belonging to the initial
> > communication (this is what the Type 2 Routing header and
> Home address
> > option is used for in mobility, so again they are good candidates)
>
> Routing header is a waste of bytes and a possible cause of
> MTU reduction problem.

May agree with this also. However, reusing existing aproved protocols
also has benefits

> > Clearly, you need to build alternative triggering
> mechanism. I mean,
> > in mobility, BUs are triggered by movement detection mechanism. In
> > this case you are not moving so this is not useful. What is
> needed is
> > a failure detection mechanism that is the one that will trigger the
> > BUs. This mechanism is not provided by MIP. Important benefits are
> > achieved if this mechanism does not impose modification in host2
>
> A properly designed mobility protocol should support multiple
> home agents at multiple locations.

The aplication of MIP to multi-homing support that i am describing does
not use a home agent

> But, the feature is missing in MIPv6. Note that an MIPv6
> feature of having multiple home agents at a single subnet is
> nothing more than a useless complication.
>
> So, there is nothing to be reused and we should define a
> packet format to support site multihoming, which can be
> reused to support multiple home agents at multiple subnets.
>
> > > Ones between MN and CN? How is the security, then?
>
> > This is the difficult part, i guess.
> >
> > MIP security is based in the RR procedure,
>
> MIP security is based on shared secret shared between mobile
> hosts and home agents.

NO.
Read mipv6 specification and in particular read the description of
return routability procedure

Regards, marcelo