Re: Comments on draft-crocker-mast-proposal-00.txt

On maandag, sep 8, 2003, at 00:04 Europe/Amsterdam, Dave Crocker wrote:

IvB> How are you going to decide when an address jump is in order?

That's Section 7, again.

In other words, you don't know. :-)

IvB> How does MAST fit in the current communication model? Do you do MAST
IvB> first and then a three way handshake? Set up TCP first and then do
IvB> MAST?

Was the diagram in Section 4.1 unclear about this?

Yes. It shows the logical dependencies. What I'm interesting in is the order of events. Negotiate first, connect later, or connect first, negotiate later?