Re: Comments on draft-crocker-mast-proposal-00.txt

Iljitsch,

>> Was the diagram in Section 4.1 unclear about this?

IvB> Yes. It shows the logical dependencies. What I'm interesting in is the
IvB> order of events. Negotiate first, connect later, or connect first,
IvB> negotiate later?

What details are you looking for, beyond:

     1. Introduction:

     Hence a host may initiate and conduct a classic, single IP-
     pair TCP connection. It may then separately query for remote
     host support of MAST and initiate a MAST exchange to be used
     by that connectivity.  Either participant is then free to
     add or remove addresses. Of course use of MAST may instead
     be performed before a transport context is established, so
     that future contexts immediately have access to multiple IP
     addresses.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>