Re: New multiaddressing review and new MAST draft

marcelo,

>> The key here, is to be clear about the requirements for security.

mb> I guess that the goal should be that the resulting Internet (with the
mb> multi-addressing mechanism) should be "as secure as the IPv4 Internet"

Thank you, yes.  This is the right place to start from, in order to make sure
that we are all trying to achieve the right (or same) goal.

mb> This was the design goal for mobileip and many folks have mentioned this
mb> goal on the list, but is there consensus about this?

I suspect that we do have consensus with the statement.  I suspect the
differences in opinion are about what the security of the current IPv4
Internet is.

Most of the features that I have questioned look like they are a good idea.
However they appear to be a) redundant with existing solutions elsewhere in
the stack, and/or b) beyond "the security of the current IPv4 Internet".

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>