Terminology

> We clearly need two different words for two different actions:
>
>    1. Handing over an "identifier" from one end-point to another,
>       with the intention of the receiving end-point being able to
>       contact the "identified" end-point in the future.
>
>    2. Handing over an end of an (active) association from one
>       end-point to another.
>
> I was using the term "referral" in the first sense, while you
> seem to be using in the second sense.

FWIW I've been thinking of #2 as "rehoming" while calling #1 "referral".

I think there is also overlapping terminology around "rendez-vous".
I've seen Keith More use this term for the case when applications on
node A and B communicate for a while, and A ends by saying "please contact
me at A when done". At some later point in time B will use this to get back to
A.

But we are also using it to describe the process where one host finds
another; there are clearly elements of this more general finding
which could instead be described as "lookup".

  Erik