Re: Routing table size?

Iljitsch;

On zondag, okt 12, 2003, at 12:17 Europe/Amsterdam, masataka ohta wrote:

How, do you think, will the size of global routing table be?

When?

For the lifetime of IPv6 or, at least, multi6.

As I raised the question before Vienna, Brian said it should
be proportional to logarithm of the network size.

Assuming we'll see significant v6 deployment, my guess is 15k - 60k by 2010 (depending on the success of our efforts here), at which point the v4 table will be around 200k.

Such an unfounded statements is not an input for constructive discussion.

Masataka Ohta