From: masataka ohta [mailto:mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp] Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 8:15 AM
To: Ray Plzak
Cc: multi6@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Routing table size?

Ray;

Not if the RIRs don't change their policies.

Policies in the RIR service regions are made by the

operators and users

of the Internet as well as anyone else that is interested in IP
addressing, routing, and related issues, not by RIR staffs or their
Boards. If you feel that a particular allocation policy is

not correct,

then I suggest that you participate in the RIR forum in the

area where

you are located.  Mail lists are open, there is no qualification to
join.

Should we join mailing lists of all the RIRs and expect their policies become magically consistent?

Or can we expect some central place (if ICANN is hopeless, RIPE is
fine for me) for the discussion?

Masataka Ohta