Re: RIR bashing, was: Routing table size?

Juan Rodriguez Hervella;

I personally see the situation where I would get two
independent ISP's, eg a cable and ADSL provider. They don't
have to know anything about eachother. The only thing they do
is that they each route a prefix from and to me as delegated out
of their TLA. My boxes thus would get 2 prefixes.

And, you want to have 2 exit routers, if you want to avoid a single point of failure.

IMO, you don't have to have a global routing table to do this.

No, of course.

Then, you want to have full route in your site to choose the best
exit router for each destination.

The same here.

Wrong.

Or, you may develop a complex protocol on hosts and exit routers
that a host first query exit routers (multiple ones, of course)
to choose a source address and routers between the host and
the exit routers perform source address based routing (or,
the host may use tunneling to the exit routers), even in which
case, the exit routers must have a global routing table.

Do you need to have a global routing table to make "source based routing" ?

No, not at all.

Masataka Ohta