RE: Bash IETF, not RIRs

Hi Iljitsch,

> Disagree. A good policy would be making the best of the situation we're
> in today. The current RIR IPv6 allocation policy doesn't do that as it
> allows for a routing table of 520 million /32 entries, which is more
> than what we can realistically expect routers to handle in the future.

I don't understand what you are suggesting, could you be more explicit about
what do you consider that the IPv6 allocation policy should be?

(Sorry if this is OT, perhaps we could move the thread to globalv6, chairs?)

The way that i can think of how to reduce this, would be not to assign a PA
block to all isps, and impose them to obtain a block from a bigger ISP, is
that what you are suggesting?
If this is so, i am not sure how isp multi-homing would work for instance...
The lower isps that are multi-homed would have multiple prefixes, one per
provider, as it is proposed for sites today?

Thanks, marcelo