Re: Bash IETF, not RIRs

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
> Well, the discussion that the RIRs have come up with a faulty policy
> should. As Ray pointed out, the RIRs crates no policy. It's created on
> globalv6 and should go there. Mostly as feedback to the people
> discussing the policy. As for the routing table size discussion, I
> think that is ok.

Well, as a matter of fact, many RIRs *do* create their own ad-hoc
additional policies (e.g., special PI allocations to "critical
infrastructure"), with little regard to globalv6, so this view is not
entirely accurate.

For "high-level" policy discussions, globalv6 is probably the best place
to have them.