Re: Preserving established communications (was RE: about draft-nordmark-multi6-noid-00)

> Many routers already support policy routing in hardware. Source address
> based routing is a subset of full policy routing. I don't see much of a
> problem in the  long run.

Is it really a subset?

Can existing routers and routing protocols convey, for different source
prefixes, different nexthops for the same destination?

I thought source routing merely implied that a route might only be applicable
for certain source prefixes, not that there could be multiple routes
for a given destination address/prefix that get applied based on the source
address in the packet.

  Erik