Re: Preserving established communications (was RE: about draft-nordmark-multi6-noid-00)

On 29 okt 2003, at 15:40, Erik Nordmark wrote:

This could be achieved with source address based routing.. the problem here

Source address based routing seems like a fair amount of added
complications; impacts the hardware/firmware in the routers and what else?

Many routers already support policy routing in hardware. Source address based routing is a subset of full policy routing. I don't see much of a problem in the long run.

It might be easier to work on BGP convergence time.

I actually have an idea for avoiding the BGP version of the count to infinity problem... Is this on topic now for this wg? :-)