RE: survivability, rewriting

> No, but the mechanism doesn't have to be on by default, i guess.
> I mean, the same problem would happen if you place host in a single homed
> site and that you have configured multiple IPs for whatever reason.
> In this case you don't want that the host starts using M6 mechanism, just
> becuase it has multiple IPs configured.

Why would you have multiple IP addresses configured and you don't want
to use them for multihoming?

> So M6 is off by default (to ensure compatibility with single homed sites)
> and it is turned on by the admin, who should do it if the site is multihomed
> and routers are capable of rewriting packets.

Why does it have to be off by default? Nothing would break if it is turned
on if the hosts use some information from the DNS lookup to determine
whether the peer supports multi6.

> So you would need a mechanism to discover that the host is in a multihomed
> site, right?

I haven't seen why this would be required.

In fact you want multi6 capable hosts to invoke the multi6 mechanisms
because the peer might be multi6 capable.

   Erik