RE: Alternatives to source address rewriting (was RE: Preserving established communications (was RE: about draft-nordmark-multi6-noid-00)

> So we are again in the situation where one size fits all solution seems more
> difficult than a per case situation.
> Some people have expressed that big sites will continue doing multihoming as
> they do now in IPv4 and that that is ok.
> Do you think that we should look for different solutions depending on the
> characteristics of the site?
> and,do you think that for small sites source address based routing seems to
> make sense?

I actually currently trying to understand what will all be needed to provide
flexible source address based routing. For instance,
 - is there an impact on routing protocols needing to carry additional
   information?
 - is there an assumption about who wins when the sender has specified
   a source address but the routing system knows that sending packets
   out that ISP doesn't work? is less likely to work than sending it
   out some other ISP?

Once I understand it a bit more maybe I can answer your question whether
we need different approaches for different types of sites.

  Erik