RE: Summary of work areas

My own list of task includes:

- description of an incremental roadmap that makes "business sense"
- solving the egress filtering issue (including when addresses cannot be
rewritten)
- selection of a first pair of address/locator to "establish contact",
either from application to TCP (as in the DT2 proposal or in the NOID
proposal) or from identifier to locator (in the SIM proposal)
- learning the set of addresses/locators associated to the
"distinguished address/locator" (common to DT2 proposal and NOID -- the
DNS is only one of many possibilities)
- decision algorithm for actually triggering the use of a different set
of addresses/locators for an ongoing TCP connection (we should consider
the trade-off between routing events, mobility events, and transport
events such as retransmit on timer)
- threat model & possible mitigations of the various attacks

-- Christian Huitema