RE: noid and applications (generic requirements from applications)

Patrik,

That is going to be exceedingly difficult.  As long as we
are using IP addresses in applications and we are hiding
the actual reachability of the address from the application,
we are guaranteed to be allowing an application to pass along
an unreachable address.

Note that this is a result of the layering violation of
passing around an IP address in the application.  Asking us
to warp the world to support architectural mistakes strikes
me as suboptimal.

Regards,
Tony