Re: noid and applications (generic requirements from applications)

Patrik,

In NOID the transport layer and above aren't aware that the locator
is rewritten. So I don't see that part of your concern.

More fundamentally, you say

> Today, the idea is that the IP address as well as the FQDN is globally
> unique

Unfortunately that certainly isn't true of addresses today and we still have to
fight hard for it to be true of IPv6 addresses tomorrow. It's a dangerous
assumption. However, there's no reason FQDNs should be non-unique.

    Brian