Re: Some Comments on ID/Loc Separation Proposals

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

Personally, I prefer to talk about hosts, as this is a well-known concept. The fact that there is some ambiguity because hosts can be clustered and virtualized also isn't a huge surprise to most people, and can be spelled out for good measure.

Once so spelt out, an end point would would have been defined in all but word, so why not define it? Personally I believe the term "host" has become ambiguous, and so itself is worthy of a good clarification, if not definition.

Eliot