Re: Some Comments on ID/Loc Separation Proposals

Eliot,

EL> Once so spelt out, an end point would would have been defined in all but
EL> word, so why not define it?  Personally I believe the term "host" has
EL> become ambiguous, and so itself is worthy of a good clarification, if
EL> not definition.

I think that the term host is dandy for referring to a machine running
IP on the Internet.

We need a term for a finer-grained entity that is the processing
unit for a transport association.

Given usage of 'stack' and 'endpoint', it is worth considering how the
two relate.  Are the really the same thing, or is there a useful
distinction that is worth keeping?

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>