Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-00.txt]

Let's leave the legaleze out of this, but (hopefully) the document contains some questions that can be used to evaluate such minor issues as deployability, security, performance, and generality. The methods used might cause some conflict between these objectives. That's okay. We can decide which ones are important when we understand which tradeoffs are being made.

Eliot
ps: I'm leaving the "for instances..." out for brevity's sake.

Tony Li wrote:

Brian,

I thought that the point of this document was things to think about,
not a set of decision criteria.  If it is a set of criteria, then aren't
we duplicating the requirements draft?  No, I don't want to reopen that,
but what I *AM* suggesting is that Eliot's list is literally a list
of discussion questions.  As such, I think that this is a fine question
to ask.

If you're elevating this draft as anything other than a set of discussion questions, then we need to have a different discussion.

Which is it?

Tony

| |