NIM BoF

Andrea,

I agree with the comment at this morning's NIM BoF session in regard to the
need to explicate the NIM concepts and model within the general context of
protocol development. To be more specific about what is meant by "protocol",
I refer you to the following two works:

Elements of Network Protocol Design, by Mohamed G. Gouda (Wiley, 1998)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471197440/o/qid=965232112/sr=2-2/102-9323651-8129762

Object-Oriented Network Protocols, by Stefan Boecking (Addison-Wesley, 2000)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201177897/qid%3D965232523/102-9323651-8129762

I also suggest that you list the modeling work of TINA (Telecommunications
Information Networking Architecture) and ODP in your slides for the sake of
completeness. There are five models in TINA/ODP that the group should be
aware of: enterprise/business, informational, computational, engineering,
technology. It may be valuable to compare/contrast these five models to the
two types of models discussed this morning: information and data. (I'm going
from memory here, so perhaps someone from TINA/ODP can correct me if I've
named the five models incorrectly.)

--Tom