RE: Scope of NIM

Title: RE: Scope of NIM

Keith,

> Therefore, I suggest that in the aftermath of the NIM BOF, the topic
> which this mailing-list has to consider is what to do about an
> Information Model.

If the objective is to create an information model based on the superset of SMI (SPPI) or SMIng, I would agree with you. However, it is not clear yet whether people want to do a full OO information model based on some new or existing language (for example UML/MOF), or whether they want to develop an information model based on some SMI derivative. While the BOF discussions seemed to favor the latter, the list discussions seem far more evenly split.

regards,

-Walter