RFC 3195 - Was: RE: More Comments/suggestions on draft

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Smith, Donald wrote:

>  @@ will deliminate my comments;-)

I am lurking and trying to catch up.  :-)  [I'm unavailable all of next
week so don't expect any responses from me then.]

The best implementation of 3195 is here:

  http://security.sdsc.edu/software/sdsc-syslog/announcement-release.html

This has been the work of Tom Perrin and SDSC.

Overall, 3195 will need to be revised slightly in light of the protocol
requirements that we're coming up with in the syslog-sign ID.  That work
is nailing down the fields such as the HOSTNAME (going to be FQDN) and the
TIMESTAMP (based on RFC-3339 and ISO-8601).

Thanks,
Chris