RE: Ability to withstand well known attacks

Excluding bandwidth floods and other resource depletion attacks. IE a denial
of service attack that works
by opening N +1  ftp sessions where your system can only support N ftp
sessions. While that is an attack
as long as the system under attack does not crash or hang it has not
"failed" this test.

At no point should we allow equipment through the test phase that have KNOWN
high severity vulnerabilities as defined above.

Since nessus (and other tools) do provide a level of severity could we say
only HIGH severity vulnerabilities
cause a "failure"?

Donald.Smith@qwest.com GCIA
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF00EDCC