RE: Ability to withstand well known attacks

I disagree. Floods will always affect systems. Fill the pipe and the effect
is the same
the network element will be unreachable.

As long as the network element/service doesn't crash, or hang I think that
is enough. No matter what you do there will always be a way to temporarily
remove
a service by resource exhaustion.

If this was focused on hosts I would agree that something like syncookies is
a good idea
but a network will always be bandwidth constrained.

Donald.Smith@qwest.com GCIA
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF00EDCC
(coffee != sleep) & (!coffee == sleep)