RE: ACLs

The goal is to improve security:)
Writing requirements that the major router vendor can't support might mean
the requirements get ignored as TOO HARD.
That is the way the orange book was usually taken. Too hard, just ignore it.
Only a small handful of vendors ever spent the money to get c2 certified.
Only a VERY small handful of vendors ever spent the money to get B1
certified.

I still believe acls that have little to no impact is an important
requirement
but getting a major router vendor to completely change their architecture
could take a few years.

Donald.Smith@qwest.com GCIA
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF00EDCC
(coffee != sleep) & (!coffee == sleep)