Re: Ability to withstand well known attacks (fwd)

Hi,

I think it's very important to clearly state what we're requiring. For example, we need to clearly describe what sort of attacks. Here are a number of examples of various styles of flooding attacks. Some are destined to the device in question while others are transiting through it.

TCP SYN flood to a listening TCP port
Ping flood to an IP address of the device
Process/connection exhaustion attack to a listening TCP port on the device
Transit SYN flood via the target device to a responsive device beyond the target.
Wire-rate transit flood of ICMP echo requests via the target device to an unresponsive device.

Then we'd need to describe the nature of the floods, such as "wire speed of the fastest interface on the device".

Barb