Re: MUSTs

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, George Jones wrote:
> IF I recall correctly, the one question that was raised was "what
> part of the RFCs" (MUST/SHOULD/MAY...) does this requirement require ?
> My basic response would be "MUSTs" + compliance with the RFC on any
> of the SHOULDs/MAYs implemented.
> Thoughts ?  Rewording suggestions ?

IIRC there are a couple RFCs where several MUSTs or SHOULDs are
detrimental to network security (as it currently stands today).

We should list specific exceptions, where it would be detrimental to
security policy. IIRC several of them applied to ICMP messages.

Isnt there an RFC stating new policies in regards to eg broadcast pings?
Eg MUST NOT reply...

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]