RE: [T1S1SEC] IETF activities on security requirements

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 08:23, Susana Sabater (ML/EEM) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Chip, what is the status of the individual submissions (drafts-jones...) you refer to below? Are they close to be wg items?
> I don't think we should consider IETF individual submissions at this stage.
>
> As a first step, I'd rather propose collecting the inputs/areas we want to look at.

Current status is: the're as "baked" as I think I can/should make them.
The've had input from NANOG, RIPE/EOF, and the IETF communities, as well
as varios ISPs/NSPs.

I met with 3 of the 4 IETF Area Directors (Security, Ops) at NANOG.
In matters of process, I defer completely to their judgement.
The consensus there was to have the Securtiy Area Advisory Group
(SAAG) do a final vetting of them and then go to 4 week BCP last call.

The -info draft is less "baked" and contains mostly things that we'd
like to see as BCP but can not honestly be called that now....I think
it may make sense for that one to remain a draft or at most go out
as an info.

I will be @ IETF next week if anyone wants to discuss and will be
@ the SAAG meeting Thursday.  Of course, email also works.

Thanks,