Re: Definitions of "Console" and "CLI" expanded

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Owen DeLong wrote:

> --On Tuesday, November 25, 2003 10:19 AM -0500 George Jones <gmj@pobox.com>
> wrote:
>
> Frankly, of what is below, I'm not sure what 2.3.3 means,

Serial requires only dumb terminal.
HTML works with simple, standad browser e.g. lynx.

> 2.3.4 seems
> on the surface to be a good thing,

I would hope so...since you wrote the guts of that one :-)

 and I agree with 2.4.5.  The rest,
> in my opinion, are a road paved with good intentions.

I'm assuming you still agree with these.

> > 2.4.1 CLI Provides Access to All Configuration and Management Functions
> > 2.4.2 CLI Uses Existing Authentication Mechanisms
> > 2.4.3 CLI Supports Scripting of Configuration
> > 2.4.4 CLI Supports Management Over 'Slow' Links

Baring strong counter-argument (soon), I'll probably back the HTML
bits out.

Thanks,
---George