draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-01.txt

Hi Merike,

Going through the document draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-01.txt, I
figured that we have totally left out things like 'fingerprinting'(is
that not aimed as part of this document).

* TCP Xmas flags. All TCP header option flags are set on same datagram.
This is often used to traverse packet filters and to scan hosts to
detect open ports.
* TCP zero flags (Null scan). This is often used to scan for open ports.
etc

In appendix B you could add: -

* Overlapping fragments
* Tiny Fragments
* TCP timestamp attack
* ICMP Path MTU spoofing attacks - frag-req
* oversized ICMP packets (Ping of death) (the name is not put there)
* What about insertion/evasion attacks where we bypass the IDS systems,
even when they are present.
* Application level attacks (worms)

Thanks,
Vishwas